Photos used under Creative Commons from KathrynW1, johntrainor, wht_wolf9653, CharlesLam, MAD Hippies Life
Misread Body Language
Blog Challenge "100 posts in 100 days" Post #96
Ever wondered why others perceive you differently than you intended? Here are a few reasons!
- They automatically look for the negative
- They won't consider the context
- They will take meaning from one gesture
- They won't know your baseline
- They evaluate you through their biases
So how do we get our body language to match our words?
- Speak & gesture at the same time
- Use confident gestures (palm down)
- Sit tall
- Claim your space